Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I haven't seen that guy whisper ONE time...

I have a new obsession...Cesar Millan. For those of you who don't know, he is the DOG WHISPERER. His show is on the National Geographic Channel which I just got through one of those cable deals that reels you in and rips you off in the long run...

Every time Matt comes home, I am parked on the couch watching the show. I pause and rewind to show Matt Cesar's techniques and I like watching the dogs' tails to see if they're up or down. Unfortunately, now I relate everything (even human affairs) to dog behavior and psychology. And guess what? *This* week is DOG WHISPERER WEEK which is tantamount to Shark Week for nerdy girls like me.

When I get obsessed with something, Matt is automatically affected since our apartment is so small and it's pretty much guaranteed I am monopolizing either the TV or the computer.

I haven't hit my bottom on this obsession so it's not tapped out but this phone/texting convo between Matt and I last night is definitely getting me there:

On phone:

Me: Yeah, we...um...I'm watching TV...
Matt: Did you say we?
Me: Uh, I don't know, probably. I mean...I don't know what I said. I probably did because I am distracted.
Matt: So, there's no one over there?
Me: No one that will be here when you get home anyway, he he he.
Matt: Awesome. See you soon.

Via text:

Me: Btw, by "we" I meant me and Cesar....Cesar Millan.
Matt: Tsssssttt!
Me: You "tsssstttt"!
Matt: Don't make me roll you on your side.

And then I submitted.

Cesar, Junior and Daddy.

3 comments:

  1. You MUST see the South Park where Cesar meets Cartman. Unless you hate South Park. But you should see it anyway. Also, his DVDs are available at some libraries so you can catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hate South Park but I might make an exception. Apparently this guy has been on that ghost show where Jennifer Love Hewitt's boobs can talk to spirits and "Bones"...my girlfriend's sister is on that show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exactly the same way - its all or nothing for me! I either watch 450 episodes of something that I'm into or I won't watch it all. Totally life consuming and my conversations with Tom are very similar. Last night it went like this...

    Tom: Hi babe
    Me: uh huh
    Tom: what're you doing
    Me: I gotta go
    Tom: What! Why are you hanging up?
    Me: Shhh. I have to go now.
    Tom: Ohhhhh. you're watching your show. okay bye.

    Don't worry - you're not alone. And you're right - he NEVER whispers. but that would be kind of creepy if he did...

    ReplyDelete