Monday, January 31, 2011

My computer is broken so I am writing you this post from the next cube over...

It’s the last day of work before vacation. I will be in Maui in fewer than 24 hours (if the plane doesn’t crash…if it does, this will be awkward) and I figured my last day of work before I leave would be a piece of cake. The Universe mixed up my hopes again with what would be the most annoying thing and I got to work to find the Blue Screen of Death.


I immediately dial the IT guy. “Um, turn it off then back on.” Alrighty, thanks. (I had already done that.)

Aside: I repressed the urge to say, “Um, are you going to fucking fix it or not?” and settled on “alrighty, thanks”.

This time it booted up but the fan is going so haywire that it sounds like it’s a) going to fly away or b) explode.

After 2 hours, we finally got it working…

I went home for lunch and came back and my computer was off…again. A coworker turned it off because it was making the scary noises. I booted up again and it’s been “loading [my] personal settings” for about 2 hours.

Thank you for letting me vent. I will sit in quiet reflection of your sacrifice in Maui…tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment